TVs are getting flatter, Robots are 3 minutes away from integration with society, technology is getting smarter and life is moving wayyyy fast. Evolution is a wild ride. Along with all these unprecedented technological advances, there’s another movement going on that’s more aligned with our ancestors. Diet. With a renewed focus on what we put in our body, there’s always a new trend to dabble with. Today, we’re going to talk about the keto diet and the process of ketosis.
What is a Ketogenic Diet?
Ketogenic Diet is one where the subject would utilize fats as their primary source of energy, not carbohydrates. Carbs might as well not exist.
How does it work?
The human body primarily functions utilizes glucose as it is the easiest molecule to create energy. In a ketogenic diet, one reduces their carbohydrate intake to almost zero – OK 5% – and follows a strict macro-nutrient diet. By following this diet, your body will begin to metabolically adjust and if you're successful, reach ketosis. Once reaching ketosis and your body becomes fat-adapted and the liver can effectively break down fats releases ketones into the body which are then used for as your new primary energy source. What and how much (i.e. calories) is contingent upon your needs. To follow the Ketogenic Diet you should aim for:
- 80% Fats
- 15% Proteins
- 5% Carbohydrates
Keto can be a great clean efficient way to fuel your body as fat is essentially an unlimited source of energy. Some additional benefits include:
- Weight loss
- It helps keep insulin resistance in control
- Improves cognitive and behavioural development
- Curbs hunger pangs
- Stabilizes the mind
- Increases good cholesterol and reduces risks like heart diseases
- Lowers blood sugar level
- Helps reverse Type-2 diabetes
- Reduces acne & clears skin
- Reduces symptoms of seizures in adults
Keto Diet isn’t an easy or at times, pleasant diet. With that said, some things to keep in mind...
- During the initial days, you’ll feel some fatigue as your body adjusts to the change in your macro-nutrient intake.
- At times, you may experience nausea, insomnia, headache and an upset stomach
- And in some cases, Keto flu. Generally will happen during the transition period, when your body accepts ketones as a source of energy instead of glucose. It’s the period when you feel like nothing is happening and the diet is not working. You feel irritable and sick from the lack of carbs in your body. But, be patient and pull through.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?
] Amoxicillin No Prescription xyv.lkeh.sapienbody.com.kxm.gj http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya/
] Amoxicillin 500mg Capsules vos.scoy.sapienbody.com.vfe.me http://mewkid.net/when-is-xuxlya/