So you want to do the keto diet. Seeking to reach ketosis is a significant diet change for most of us. So we’ve compiled a quick reference post you can slap on your kitchen door to help you keep on track.
- Dark leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, lettuce, asparagus and zucchini.
- Fruits like avocado, star fruit and berries. Keep in mind that although it is generally a good idea to incorporate fruits in your diet, this specific diet requires you to be mindful of when you indulge*
- Healthy high fats like cheese, heavy cream, egg yolk.
- Nuts and seeds like almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin and sesame seeds. Also, to be consumed occasionally.
- Proteins like beef, lamb, chicken and pastured pork – all grass and grain fed.
- Herbal teas and coffee with coconut milk are some good choices for beverages.
- Processed food is a big nope. Avoid at all costs!
- Refined oils, check.
- Factory farmed meat, processed & full of chemicals
- Tropical fruits like mango, pineapple, papaya and banana, toooo much sugar.
- Grains and its by-products like wheat, oats, barley, corn, rice, quinoa, pasta, bread, cookies etc.
- Tubers like potatoes and yam
- Sugar sources like honey, maple syrup etc.